Cane River Green Market
2016 Fall Market Dates
October 15 - November 12
DEBIT, CREDIT AND SNAP ACCEPTED AT CRGM!
Buy Fresh, Buy Local
The Cane River Green Market is currently seeking sponsors to continue the CRGM Kids Club program. In the summer of 2015, the Cane River Green Market introduced the CRGM Kids Club to children and families. The Kids Club provided an incentive for children to eat healthy and support local farmers by providing them $10 in tokens to spend with Cane River Green Market vendors each Saturday as well as cool gifts and healthy eating tips. From April to July 2015, approximately 500 individual children checked in at the CRGM Kids Club with many of them making repeat trips to the market with family and friends.
The Cane River Green Market was able to provide this incentive to children and families through a grant from The Rapides Foundation, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana Foundation, Central Louisiana Economic Development Alliance (CLEDA), and MarketUmbrella.org. Unfortunately, those grant funds have been depleted.
The Cane River Green Market is asking for your assistance to continue this great program. Click here for more information on sponsorship opportunities and to download a sponsorship form. We thank you for your time and consideration!
So what is the Community Table?
The Natchitoches Community Table provides an easy way for Natchitoches Parish farmers and gardeners to sell their excess produce by consignment. Consignment fees help cover the cost of the Community Table's stall fees.
Purposes of the Community Table include:
- Provide a direct market for home gardeners with extra produce
- Provide an outlet for farmers who are starting out and are not ready to operate their own stall
- Provide an outlet for growers who cannot remain on site
- Add to the diversity of the products offered at the Cane River Green Market by introducing new produce
- Increase access to locally produced fruits and vegetables
- Offer a support system for local producers
- Provide community education through introduction of new products and food/cooking demos
- Create a broader sense of community
For more information on becoming a part of the Community Table, visit www.facebook.com/NatchitochesCommunityTable.